The spiritual nature of predator 5/17/11 workout

Pre-classical Roman mythology had many variations or "faces" of Lord Mars. It no stretch to see Mars was emerging from a pre-historic spiritual linage where he was viewed as a Lord of the forest, wild, brutal and deeply connected to the dance of life and death, eat or be eaten, hunter and hunted. A primal deity of regeneration, renewal but also the right to survive and will to live, while at the same time understanding that life feeds on life and that in order to get strong... you often are taking from another. My mentor and I have been discussing the spiritual nature of the hunt and how and where you can fall into the category of hunter/predator and hunted/prey and even play both roles simutameously. Like Don Juan Mathas tried to rely to Carlos Castanada, you are in effect "stalking" yourself. You watch yourself from a silent and unbiased third party view. You watch your habits and routines and decide what if any value they have for you. While at the same time you as yourself are constantly stalking "power" or ways to empower yourself, to "see" or perceive methods of enabling your effect the world and engage reality with a great influence. So too is the doctrine of Mars the Hunter. You are setting your goals as "targets" and step by step stalking them down and eventually owning them as trophies. Your hunger for the accomplishment of these tasks becomes almost physically painful as you near your focus and close in for the kill. I am stalking down strength feats. Step by step I come ever closer. I study what i am doing like I am studying my prey, I learn the habits of myself as I would learn the habits of my quarry and when the moment is right... I seize it, complete and finish my quest. I savor it's sweetness and then I grow hungry again... this time I want something "more". I am reminded of the principle of "sieger" or victory in Germanic spirituality. Victory, winning, success is GOOD. We fight to EARN these things. Winning, success and ambition are spiritual values, traits that can be practiced to a sharp edge. The hunt of Mars is on. I have strength feats in my sights and ambition coursing through my veins.
1. Double 32kg front Squats, current reps 10-6-4, with a goal of 20 in a row
2. 40kg one hand kettlebell overhead press, current reps 10-6-4, with a goal of 20 in a row
3. Front Pull Yellow/Yellow/Yellow (210lbs) current reps 4 and 6 reps with Red/Red/Red (180lbs) with a goal of 10 in a row with yellow/yellow/yellow
4. Invanko Super Gripper 11/8 setting. 5 reps each hand, with a goal of 10 each hand

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reforging and Repairing the chain.

The lesson of the Woodpecker and 3/28/11 training

Monstrous Strength: The Kraken, An advanced arm, grip & back-centric strength training program in preparation for upper body violence! By Kevin Wikse