The march back home

De-railed is a bad placed to be. You could argue that inherently comes a chance for reflection and perspective change. That would be true. But lets face facts; derailment is dangerous. Derailment comes often, but not always, as the result of an injury, a hard blindsiding that violently divorces you from you present track. You are not even just off course anymore. You are effectively stagnated. Many people NEVER recover; instead, they embrace their victim hood and allow their derailing to define them. I have been recently derailed. The life I knew changed, caustically and with serious implications. People around me tell me that everything will be "Ok", that time "heals". I agree with them; but, no offense to Father Saturn, I am not waiting for time to make things "ok", I am going to MAKE things ok and I am going to actively engage in healing. On the long march home we all are going to collect injuries, all going to get wounded, all going to face ridicule and harsh touches. So is the life on the long march of Mars. Lord Mars doesn't promise anything but strength and indomitable will but ONLY if you begin marching and no matter what finish the march. Derailed means I am not marching home. Home is anywhere my highest self lives, anywhere I am living as my best and at my highest potential. The march of Mars is to expect hardship. I join back into the ranks of my brothers and sisters brave enough to walk this test, to spend my time under the steel and iron and emerge better, stronger, faster then before. Here is to year Zero.
Feats
Double 32kg Kettlebell squat/press combo. Goal 30 in a row. Current 8-4-3-3-3-3-3-3
Front Pull red/red/red 180lbs. Goal 10 in a row. Current 8
Ivnako Super Gripper 10/8 setting. Goal 10. Current 8
Hung Gar style Taming the Tiger set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reforging and Repairing the chain.

The lesson of the Woodpecker and 3/28/11 training

Monstrous Strength: The Kraken, An advanced arm, grip & back-centric strength training program in preparation for upper body violence! By Kevin Wikse