Developing the WILL to get up and do it again and again and again.

The path of Mars is a rough one. His trek will take you over rocky and often hostile terrain. He will lead you straight into the heart of conflict and face to face with your greatest challenges, internal and external.
Things you can respect about Mars. First, he will ALWAYS lead from the FRONT. There is nothing he would have you do that he himself would not. Second, Mars makes one promise and one only, and it is a promise that he will never break. You walk with him, you endure and you WILL grow stronger then you ever knew you could.
I have been knocked down. It's to be expected. On the march of Mars, wounds will be collected, bruises and knocks accumulated. It's the process. Your hurts cause yourself to heal. You grow back stronger, wiser, tougher and sharper.
My mentor and I have been discussing the will-force to get up, pick up the pieces and move on. Its hard. Its hard to start again. It feels like a loss. But in essence I am gaining. I am gaining a new life and opportunities I could never have had. I just need to seize them.
I need to get up off the ground. I need to stand back up and press the attack, press against my obstacles, my nay-sayers, and my opposition. The march of Mars continues. I need to go win back my place in the order. I need to take my life off the "missing in action" list.
Life is about engagement. Life is action. Often times aggressive and daring action between times of calculating and stratigizing.
In this moment despair ends and tactics begin.
I have not come thing far to lie down and give up now...no not at all.
I am now practicing and developing the will-force to get back up, to forge on and get back in the fight for my life and my principles.
The grave yard is home to more dead dreams then dead bodies. I have my dreams and I will see them live and even out live me.
My mentor and I have decided I will begin a rough and tumble program of Turkish Get-Ups(TGU) so that I can strengthen my need to "get-up" and join my brothers and sister with the March Rider (Mars).
The TGU lets me feel the strain of all that would keep me from standing back up, it is a true mediation on the weight of world and how is can and will crush you if you let it. I feel myself raise up against it and stand in triumpth. Holding that one time oppersive weight over my head in victory like a heavy trophy! TGU then has me laying back down again, this teaches me that I will eventually get rolled by something else; but, that I too can overcome that.
"To rise and rise again, until lambs become lions!" The TGU on Mars teaches this.
"Welund tasted misery among snakes. The stout-hearted hero endured troubles had sorrow and longing as his companions cruelty cold as winter - he often found woe Once Nithad laid restraints on him, supple sinew-bonds on the better man. That went by; so can this."

Is yet another example of true PAGAN enduring through the tale of Weylend the smith, who rose out of the one of the most dismal dungeons in Germanic lore. This is the TGU in direct application.

Life on Mars in a hard place but worth the effort. After living on Mars... life on Earth is a picnic.
Workout
20 minutes of Turkish Get-Ups
Front Pulls y/y/y 5 reps r/r/r 3 reps o/o/o 2 reps
Ivanko Super Gripper 11/8 setting 8/2 reps
-Kevin Wikse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reforging and Repairing the chain.

The lesson of the Woodpecker and 3/28/11 training

Monstrous Strength: The Kraken, An advanced arm, grip & back-centric strength training program in preparation for upper body violence! By Kevin Wikse