The razor of discrimination 6/3/11 Workout
Mars teaches that sometimes "progress" must be cut back so that stronger and better progress may advance. Jupiter is all about progress and abundance but "too much" and that abundance can become corrupted. Mars cuts away what becomes in excess. Mars discriminates. Mars sacrifices. Mars cuts one but lets the other remain. Its harsh... but their is a beauty in it's brutality.
My training program has changed once again and came at a hard but needed lesson. My mentor suggested I go on a program of HEAVY Turkish get ups (TGUs) to help train myself to get back up off the floor and get back to living my life. (see prior post).
He knew that all my progress in my other goals would be affected, but let me learn that lesson by direct experience.
I realised it was my choice whether or not to feel dejected.
Instead I decided to view the one area I med progress and see the two opportunities to re-evaluate my other two goals and see where another method of approaching them would be best and in the long run far more worthwhile.
The razor of discrimination must be brought to bear against areas of all out lives. We need to cut out what doesn't help us, what hurts us, and what is outdated.
The cut opens a wound but I wound that spurs new life.
To get you must give. Mars and the razor teach this. I must sacrifice the old for exchange for the new. I lay my old training on the altar of "self betterment" and I receive the new program to use it until I have learned all that I can from it.
Workout
TGU 10 minutes
One hand over head press with 40kg 12-8reps... 20 in a row is my goal
Front pull y/y/y 3 r/r/r 2 o/o/o 5
Ivanko Super gripper 11/8 setting 8/2 goal is 10 in a row.
Comments
Post a Comment